Neonsential WordPress theme brings out the grungy yet elegant look to your blog. This premium quality free WordPress theme has a fancy custom homepage slider which highlights your featured posts. It is WordPress 3.0 compliant which is packed with a robust framework for easier backend customization.
Neonsential WordPress comes with a featured content section, subscription buttons (Twitter, Facebook and RSS), automatic thumbnail resizer, popular posts, featured posts, featured video and a lot more!
Built by Padd Solutions, Neonsential WP theme is great for any blogger who wants to impress their readers with their contents and a premium quality design blog at no cost!
Check out the other theme features:
- Compatible with WordPress version 3.0
- Featured Content
- Dropdown Categories Menu
- Spread the articles via Social bookmarks (Delicious, Digg, Newsvine, RSS, Stumbleupon, Technorati, Twitter)
- Related Posts
- Better Comment System
- Separation of Comments and Trackbacks
- SEO optimized
- Automatic Thumbnail Resizer (without using a custom field)
- Popular Posts
- Featured Photos
- Featured Video
- Google Analytics code integration
- Built-in Page Navigation
- Advertisement Blocks Ready
- Gravatar Enabled
- Install neonsential folder at /wp-content/themes/
- Activate Neonsential Theme 1.0 by Padd Solutions (Note: Don’t worry if it might look disoriented at first, you need to activate the required plugins to fully utilize the theme.)
Activate the Required Plugins
Customizing Neonsential Options:
- Go to Appearance > Neonsential Options
- General Settings
- Page Tracker Settings
- Social Networking Settings
- Related Posts Settings
- Page Navigation Settings
- Custom Ads Settings
- Then Save Settings.
- Setting the Featured Thumbnail:
- Go to the post
- At the bottom right part of the post page (below “Post Tags”) set the “Featured Image” (with at least width: 420px and height: 170px)
- Save or Update Post.
- Setting the DropDown Menus:
- Go to Appearance > Menus
- Drag and drop the menus you want to appear in the main menu
- Save Menu.
- Changing the Logo:
- Use the site-name.psd found at the /images folder.
- Edit it using your favorite graphics application.
- Save as site-name.png and upload it at the /wp-content/themes/neonsential/images folder.
- Using FlickRSS:
- Go to FlickRSS settings
- Display: “6 – user”
- User ID: Manual.
- Save Settings.
- WordPress 3.0+
- Host server with PHP5+