Mercurable WordPress theme is a clean and straightforward blog theme which is great for those bloggers who want to give focus on their contents.
Despite its basic layout and design, this WP theme is packed with an upgraded framework and a robust admin options panel to accommodate the General Settings, Page Tracker, Social Networking, Page Navigation and Custom Ads Settings. It comes with a built-in Facebook Like Box for your Facebook Like Box and an advertisement spot.
To easily translate the theme to your preferred languages, we attached a clean and well-structured .pot file. This freemium WordPress theme comes with the latest WordPress 3.0 goodness, crisp custom typography, custom menu and a lot more!
Mercurable WP theme is an awesome WordPress theme which is great for any blogger who wants to impress their readers with their contents and a premium quality design blog at no cost!
Check out the other theme features:
- Blog theme
- WordPress MU Compatible
- Facebook Like Box
- Custom Font Integration
- Spread the articles via Social bookmarks (TweetMeme, Delicious, Digg, Newsvine, RSS, Stumbleupon, Technorati, Twitter)
- Separation of Comments and Trackbacks
- SEO optimized
- Automatic Thumbnail Resizer (without using a custom field)
- Compatible with WordPress version 3.0+
- RSS, Twitter, Facebook and Flickr subscription
- Google Analytics code integration
- Built-in Page Navigation
- Advertisement Blocks Ready
- Gravatar Enabled
- Install mercurable folder at /wp-content/themes/
- Activate Mercurable Theme 1.0 by Padd Solutions (Note: Don’t worry if it might look disoriented at first, you need to activate the required plugins to fully utilize the theme.)
Activate the Required Plugins:
- Regenerate Thumbnails (skip this step if you are on a fresh install):
- Tools > Regen. Thumbnails
- Click Regenerate All Thumbnails
- Wait for 100% to regenerate all thumbnails.
- Setting the DropDown Menus:
- Go to Appearance > Menus.
- Drag and drop the menus you want to appear in header navigation menu at the “Main Menu” and footer area with the “Footer Menu” and hit “Save Menu” button.
- At the Theme Locations box, choose “Main Menu” and “Footer Menu” from the dropdown choices and hit “Save”.
Customizing Mercurable Theme:
- Setting the post thumbnail:
- Go Post > All Posts > Choose the post to edit
- From the post section, find the “Featured Image” box found at the lower right most part of the screen
- Set Featured Image (recommended image size: 600×340)
- Publish / Update Post
- WordPress 3.0+
- Host server with PHP5+
Thanks to Viper007Bond for the useful plugin.