This awesome blog theme is great for corporate blogs, personal blogs, design blogs and other related blog niches. The integrated custom font added an elegant detail to the design.
This freemium WordPress theme is WordPress 3.0 compliant which is packed with a robust framework for easier backend customization.
Manganescent WordPress theme comes with a built-in Facebook Share button, Twitter Tweet button, featured content section, dropdown menu, subscription buttons (Twitter, Google, Facebook and RSS), automatic thumbnail resizer, popular posts, featured posts and a lot more!
Built by Padd Solutions, Manganescent WP theme is great for any blogger who wants to impress their readers with their contents and a premium quality design blog at no cost!
Check out the other theme features:
- Custom Font integration
- Facebook Share Button
- Twitter Tweet Button
- Compatible with WordPress version 3.0+
- Featured Content
- Dropdown Categories Menu
- Spread the articles via Social bookmarks (Delicious, Digg, Newsvine, RSS, Stumbleupon, Technorati, Twitter)
- Related Posts
- Better Comment System
- Separation of Comments and Trackbacks
- SEO optimized
- Automatic Thumbnail Resizer (without using a custom field)
- Popular Posts
- Featured Photos
- Google Analytics code integration
- Built-in Page Navigation
- Advertisement Blocks Ready
- Gravatar Enabled
- Install Manganescent folder at /wp-content/themes/
- Activate Manganescent Theme 1.0 by Padd Solutions (Note: Don’t worry if it might look disoriented at first, you need to activate the required plugins to fully utilize the theme.)
Activate the Required Plugins
Customizing Manganescent Options:
- Go to Appearance > Manganescent Options
- General Settings
- Page Tracker Settings
- Social Networking Settings
- Related Posts Settings
- Page Navigation Settings
- Custom Ads Settings
- Then Save Settings.
- Changing the Logo and Icon:
- Use the site-name.psd found at the /images folder.
- Edit it using your favorite graphics application.
- Save as site-name.png and upload it at the /wp-content/themes/manganescent/images folder.
- Setting the Featured Thumbnail:
- Go to the post
- At the bottom right part of the post page (below “Post Tags”) set the “Featured Image” (with at least width: 400px and height: 260px)
- Save or Update Post.
- Setting the DropDown Menus:
- Go to Appearance > Menus
- Drag and drop the menus you want to appear in the main menu
- Save Menu.
- Using FlickRSS:
- Go to FlickRSS settings
- Display: “6 – user”
- User ID: Manual.
- Save Settings.
- WordPress 3.0+
- Host server with PHP5+