Iridiumous WordPress theme transforms your basic WordPress blog into a functional business or portfolio website.
It has a customizable three front page widgets, horizontal jQuery Accordion image slider, magazine layout content area and custom typography for an added professional touch. You may customize the settings easily via the Admin Options area.
Like our previous theme release, Iridiumous is also tried and tested to work in a multisite environment. Iridiumous is WordPress MU compatible theme. It comes with a built-in Facebook Like Box for your Facebook Fan pages and an advertisement spot.
Because it has a clean and well-structed .pot file, you can translate the theme to your preferred languages with ease. Iridiumous WP theme comes with the latest WordPress 3.0 goodness, custom menu and a lot more!
Iridiumous is easy to customize via the backend admin panel. This freemium WordPress theme is packed with an upgraded framework and a robust admin options panel to accommodate the General Settings, Slideshow Settings, Page Tracker, Social Networking, Page Navigation and Custom Ads Settings.
Iridiumous WP theme is an awesome WordPress theme which is great for any blogger who wants to impress their readers with their contents and a premium quality design blog at no cost!
Check out the other theme features:
- Business / Portfolio theme
- Custom Front Page Widgets
- WordPress MU Compatible
- Facebook Like Box
- Custom Font Integration
- Most Popular Posts
- Spread the articles via Social bookmarks (TweetMeme, Delicious, Digg, Newsvine, RSS, Stumbleupon, Technorati, Twitter)
- Separation of Comments and Trackbacks
- SEO optimized
- Automatic Thumbnail Resizer (without using a custom field)
- Compatible with WordPress version 3.0+
- RSS, Twitter, Facebook and Flickr subscription
- Google Analytics code integration
- Built-in Page Navigation
- Advertisement Blocks Ready
- Gravatar Enabled
- Install iridiumous folder at /wp-content/themes/
- Activate Iridiumous Theme 1.0 by Padd Solutions (Note: Don’t worry if it might look disoriented at first, you need to activate the required plugins to fully utilize the theme.)
Activate the Required Plugins:
- Regenerate Thumbnails (skip this step if you are on a fresh install):
- Tools > Regen. Thumbnails
- Click Regenerate All Thumbnails
- Wait for 100% to regenerate all thumbnails.
- Setting the DropDown Menus:
- Go to Appearance > Menus.
- Drag and drop the menus you want to appear in header navigation menu at the “Main Menu” and footer area with the “Footer Menu” and hit “Save Menu” button.
- At the Theme Locations box, choose “Main Menu” and “Footer Menu” from the dropdown choices and hit “Save”.
Customizing Iridiumous Theme:
- Setting the Slideshow:
- Go Appearance > Iridiumous Options > Slideshow
- Enable Slideshow
- Designated Slideshow Category – choose the category from the dropdown options
- Select the number of slides, effect, duration and scroll speed
- Save Settings.
- Setting the post thumbnail:
- Go Post > All Posts > Choose the post to edit
- From the post section, find the “Featured Image” box found at the lower right most part of the screen
- Set Featured Image (recommended image size: 269×253)
- Publish / Update Post
- Setting the Homepage Widgets:
- Go Appearance > Iridiumous Options > General
- First Column Page – choose the page from the dropdown options
- Second Column Page – choose the page from the dropdown options
- Third Column Page – choose the page from the dropdown options
- Fourth Column Page – choose the page from the dropdown options
- Save Settings.
- WordPress 3.0+
- Host server with PHP5+