Berkeliumist WordPress Theme is a feature-rich magazine WordPress theme with a featured content section, featured categories section, tabbed widgets, Facebook Like box, advertisements placeholder and more!
Berkeliumist WordPress theme has a robust admin options panel which accommodates the General Settings, Page Tracker, Slideshow, Social Networking, Page Navigation, and Advertisements. A clean and well-structured .pot file is also included so that you can translate the theme to your preferred languages with ease. It also has a stylish jQuery Featured Content slider which has multiple transition options to choose from.
This WordPress theme comes with the latest WordPress 3.0 goodness, crisp custom typography, custom menu and a lot more!
Berkeliumist WP theme is an awesome WordPress theme which is great for any blogger who wants to impress their readers with their contents and a premium quality design blog at no cost!
Check out Berkeliumist WordPress theme features:
- Magazine theme
- Featured Content Slider
- Advertisement Blocks Ready
- Facebook Like Box
- Tabbed Widgets
- 4 Front Page Categories Sections
- Custom Font Integration
- WordPress MU Compatible
- Spread the articles via Social bookmarks (TweetMeme, Delicious, Digg, Newsvine, RSS, Stumbleupon, Technorati, Twitter)
- Separation of Comments and Trackbacks
- SEO optimized
- Automatic Thumbnail Resizer (without using a custom field)
- Compatible with WordPress version 3.3+
- RSS, Twitter and Facebook subscription
- Google Analytics code integration
- Built-in Page Navigation
- Gravatar Enabled
- Install berkeliumist folder at /wp-content/themes/
- Activate Berkeliumist Theme 1.0 by Padd Solutions (Note: Don’t worry if it might look disoriented at first, you need to activate the required plugins to fully utilize the theme.)
Activate the Required Plugins:
- Regenerate Thumbnails (skip this step if you are on a fresh install):
- Tools > Regen. Thumbnails
- Click Regenerate All Thumbnails
- Wait for 100% to regenerate all thumbnails.
- Setting the Menus:
- Go to Appearance > Menus.
- Drag and drop the menus you want to appear in header navigation menu at the “Main Menu” and hit “Save Menu” button.
- At the Theme Locations box, choose “Main Menu” from the dropdown choices and hit “Save”.
Customizing Berkeliumist Theme:
- Setting the Slider Image:
- Go Appearance > Slideshow
- Designate a category for the slideshow
- Number of Slides
- Choose a Slideshow effect
- Choose a Slide Duration
- Choose a Slide Scroll Speed
- Save Settings.
- Setting the Featured Categories in the Homepage:
- Go Appearance > General
- Click and pick multiple categories you want to feature in the homepage
- Save Settings.
- Setting the Post Thumbnail:
- Go Post > All Posts > Choose the post to edit
- From the post section, find the “Featured Image” box found at the lower right most part of the screen
- Set Featured Image (recommended image size: 640×401)
- Publish / Update Post.
- WordPress 3.3+
- Host server with PHP5+